Welcome to the Week 14 wrap, annoying commercial edition.
I watched my fair share of football yesterday, and with it all the insufferable truck commercials I could possibly handle. Never thought I’d see the Mellencamp thing go by the boards, but Nissan has managed to one-up GM by abusing Black Sabbath, over and over and over, to sell Titans. Blech. I sat in the dentist chair this afternoon listening to a Lawrence Welk-ized version of Midnight Train To Georgia, and thought, “hey, this really isn’t bad at all.”
"Thank you boys. That was a bitchin-a tune-a."
Gullo! Again! How does he do it? Tea leaves? Protective witchcraft? Silent prayers to Moses Moreno? My money’s on that irritating little tike in the Samsung TV ads, and I will quote: “Bill’s amazing. It’s smoke and mirrors.”
As I write, the Bears are keeping their slim playoff hopes alive by beating up on the Rams right now, and assuming this holds up, Bill gets his (I think) third money finish of the year, finishing runner up this week.
The real story tonight is the return of the Man You Fear, Steve Krier. The Brothers Krier have played this season mostly under the radar but now that it’s crunch time, one of them was going to go off, and now we know who. Steve takes the weekly jackpot AND the lead in the overall, with three weeks to go.
Thanks to all who have gotten their entry fees in as the season winds down. Um, there are still three of you, though….don’t make call up Tammy Faye.
Have a good week.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Week 14
Posted by
jw
at
10:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment