Before we get into wonky stuff, I would congratulate Team Dean and Marlene on victory #2 this season. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed, as this win was achieved without any of those crazy Monday Night ninja moves Dean is known for. Nope, 10 on Seattle and close enough on the tiebreaker to beat Dan. Not that any of you knows the final score of the St Louis vs. Seattle game. My god. Did John Gruden find anybody to gush over? Did Ron Jaworski take a powder halfway through and go play catch with the fish guys at the Pike Public Market? I would have.
This week's update is brought to you by the number 1374, and if you check the YTD standings, you'll see why.
I have a modest proposal for you, for those of you comfortable with sending and receiving money from an online bank you've probably never heard of. Payouts are coming soon in the pool of Smoove, and I would not mind at all sending you $$ electronically. PayPal is the elephant in this room, but they ding the recipient a significant percentage of the amount transferred. I hate PayPal.
But I kind of dig this new Dwolla thing. It works a lot like PayPal, but only with cash, that is, an EFT attached to your checking account. No credit cards or anything like that. Instead of a percentage, the total damage for sending money to someone is a quarter. I could send you $50,000 via Dwolla and they'd charge me 25 cents.
To receive money, all you need is an email address. Check it out. If you're interested in this, let me know. I'll pay the quarter when I send out your winnings. I hate writing checks. Sign up now and win a playoff-watching party with Ndamukong Suh for yourself, ten friends, and your physical therapist!

"Please, ref? Pleeeeaaase? Just one skull. Let me stomp one guy's head. Just one. No? How about his nuts? Maybe just an arm? Pretty please?"
No comments:
Post a Comment