Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Week 10

A new episode of “Conversations With Sis” begins right now [binnggggggg] here on Smoove B Broadcasting.

Me: Ames, seriously, what the f***?
Sis: What?
Me: You won again.
Sis: I did?? Woohoo!
Me: You have GOT to tell me the secret.
Sis: I can't say too much. You have to smoke the right number of banana peels.
Me: What?
Sis: Joking!
Me: Oh.
Sis: It's really the cough drops.
Me: Of course it is. How many?
Sis: I stopped at 14, right after an image of a weeping Dick Vermeil appeared on my organic nine-grain toast. Hey, I'm thinking about coming to town for Thanksgiving Day after all. I can collect my winnings then, if that's okay with you?
Me: Great. I'll go see my personal lender at M&I. How is it that you only lost two on the Falcons and three on the Patriots?
Sis: Easy. Chad Pennington was rising in the constellation Andromeda two nights ago.
Me: What?
Sis: For real.
Me: So you’re still till taking those cough drops then?
Sis: Don’t get snippy. It’s working, isn’t it? How much have you won?
Me: Yeah, well….
Sis: Anyway, I gotta run. When we win, Jeff and I make extra hot double-skim lattes and do the electric boogaloo. He's getting his dancing shoes on now.
Me: They must be nearly worn out by now.

The rumors are true. Amy Dunn has finished in the money in four out of ten tries, three of those going for first place. Her total winnings so far put her at right about the amount the overall winner gets in January and just shy of the amount one needs to possess to appear on “Celebrity Cribs”.

The Nadine and Joe Sanders duo (are they a duo or does Joe secretly do the picks from an undisclosed location?) came up with just enough mojo to take second this week after what has so far been a tough season for them.

Also note the change of the guard at the top. Aaron (that’s just Aaron to you) has overtaken the Michigan Marauder for first in the overall, though by a razor thin margin. It’s getting interesting. Anybody shooting for the bottom yet? Not working, is it? I’d have put 16 on the Texans too. Whoops.

Have a good week.

No comments: