Monday, November 20, 2006

Week 11

The quote of the week comes from Kelly, who did in fact sleepily murmur the following just before bedtime the other day:
"I have the gift. The gift of night-night."

The Smoove player of the week is the enigmatic Pete Graber, who I finally met in person at the Marquette game last Tuesday evening. That's one less player in the Smoove whose existence I need not doubt.

Commercial inanity of the week:

"You've waited all year...and now it's here...endless shrimp...at Red Lobster.”


So now you have the unenviable task of choosing between that and another highly anticipated annual event, Toyotathon ’06. Choose well and stay tuned, because next week I’m going to bash the hell out of a Chevy truck while Mellencamp’s “Our Country” plays in the background.

Statistic of the week: The number of us who blew our 16 in week 11: 21 (out of 32). In week 10 it was 10…in week 9, 23. With accuracy like that, we could all be TV meteorologists.

On to the potential winners of week 11:
If I’ve done the math right, Bill Gullo needs Jacksonville tonight for first, and yours truly would in that case take second. If NYG wins, Ann Marie (Dragan) takes top honors and Captain Kirk is Miss Congeniality (and really, when is he not?).

Please do note this very important, uh, note: Thursday is Thanksgiving Day, which all of you are well aware of, having purchased numerous Thanksgiving presents while listening to all the Thanksgiving music on the radio. This means picks are due on Thursday!

Happy T-Day to all, and be advised that the Friends of Smoove B football pool will be broadcasting continuous Christmas favorites starting now through December 26.

No comments: