Monday, October 15, 2007

Week 6 Softcore Edition

For those of you who remember the stealthy way my sister dominated so many weeks last season, you may be feeling some deja vu here. The quiet winner of second place this week, and the person in second overall, is Laurie Sexton. We join this conversation with Laurie already in progress

Me: So what's your secret? You weren't even in this thing last year!
Laurie: You're really making much too big a deal of this.
Me: Come on, dish. I'm pretending somebody's reading this.
Laurie: Alright. I watch a lot of that Ron Jeremy guy on ESPN.
Me: I beg your pardon?
Laurie: You know, the guy who breaks down game film for his viewing audience.
Me: Ummmmm
Laurie: He's really good, especially the stuff about blocking schemes and maximum protection.
Me: Laurie, I think you're talking about Ron Jaworski.
Laurie: Whatever. Same difference.
Me: Well...not exactly....
Laurie: Anything else, or can I go now?


Laurie
Jaws


Aside from Laurie's second place finish, a note of congrats to Team Dean and Marlene, who recovered nicely after being robbed blind by Dallas last week and win the big five-oh this time.

I finally posted the financials and they can be found by clicking here. So how does this work? Check the Balance column. If there's a number in parentheses there, that's me owing you for winnings to date. If there's a zero, we cool. If there's something else there, you will soon be paid a visit by 345 lb former Packer Grady Jackson, now of the Falcons. He is my new entry fee enforcer and has been told that you are a barbeque sandwich.

That is all for this time.

No comments: