Monday, October 29, 2007

Blimey, it's Week Eight

In honor of the first NFL game played in London on Sunday, tonight's update is brought to you by Vauxhall, Burberry, and Newcastle. I don't recommend eating bangers and mash during Packer games.

Don't know if you caught it, but the second horseman of the marketing apocalypse (the first was a Bud ad a few weeks ago) was visited upon us this weekend when Mazda engaged a gospel choir to sing "zoom zoom zoom". I tried to send The Clark Sisters a case of Maalox, but it was too late.

As much as I'd love to congratulate my brother Jon as winner of Week 8 in our little pool, unfortunately I cannot. The Patriots beat him to it, right after they beat the Redskins, the point spread, the Colorado Rockies, and some puppies. Furthermore, Scott Bockheim regrettably does not win second place as the Patriots took that too, along with all of Scott's loose change and I think one of his kids.

"We need seven yards? Okay. Let's run the headless horseman."

Happy Halloween to everyone. Be scary and safe and stuff. A reminder that all are welcome to join us for happy hour this Friday evening at Hotel Metro, corner of Mason and Milwaukee downtown.

No comments: