Monday, November 10, 2008

Week 10 goes to 11.

Musings from Weak Week 10 in football:

Whenever a football player flops or otherwise exaggerates a minor shove in hopes of drawing a penalty flag, Tony Kornheiser (and other barely-qualified color commentators) inform us that "that should have gotten an Academy Award!" No it shouldn't. If they clearly see that a flop took place, the acting by definition must have been terrible.

So the Cardinals are a decent team, it seems. However, their long-suffering fans tonight seem a little puzzled about how to handle it. A few have face paint, some are looking for Rod Tidwell, and the rest are getting all up in the camera and mouthing the words "Yeah baby! Number....number.....uh, one? One! Number one baby!"

Hyphenated last names are all the rage in the NFL these days. Therefore I ask that you refer to me as Joe Wiesner-Tufnel for the rest of the season, which I think is fitting, because this football pool goes to 11. As does Kelly's overall lead, which she maintains, but her margin has shrunk considerably.



Dreadlocks are in too, I noticed. Anyone want to give that a shot? Mr Tulloch?

Alright, I'm stalling. Didn't want to deal with Mason Crosby's "plenty of leg but wide right", but there it is. There's only minimal comfort in knowing that in this NFC North, the Detroit Lions might just be in this thing at the end.

Props, congratulations, and kudos to Aaron "10-4 Good Buddy" Lytle on his victory this week. I don't get to see Aaron nearly often enough, but he and lovely wife Erika were here this weekend and it occurred to him that he had not paid his entry fee yet. "Well" he said, "this'll be the weekend that I win." Now, for those of you who haven't yet anted up, that has NEVER worked before so don't get any ideas.

Have a great week, everyone.

No comments: