The following conversation took place moments ago. It was at least a little bit related to the results of the final week of the 2008 Friends of Smoove B football pool, which saw a house divided going into Sunday night. I needed Denver and Kel needed San Diego, and we all know how that turned out. Kel thus won her third weekly prize, against the donut I posted, this season.
"Well, I feel kind of bad about beating you again. You can have my winnings this week. Maybe you can buy one of those blue cheese things at Flannery's."
"Um, did you mean a Blu-Ray player at Flanner's?"
"Sure, that."
"I'm not sure $50 will cover it."
Now just for the record, Flannery's has a buffalo chicken wrap with bleu cheese dressing that is completely excellent.
Speaking of excellence, it is now time to recognize the overall winners, now that the regular season has concluded. You may recall the winnings will be distributed as discussed in this post.
We begin with Gina "The Warrior Princess" Mittnacht, who unleashed a can of whoopass a few weeks ago and basically never looked back. Well-played Gina. 250.
In second we have Team Sanders, who ran out of whoopass a couple weeks ago but did have a can of Chunky Soup at the ready, and they held on for second, by a scant four-point margin. Nicely done. 150.
Pete Graber takes third, having unleashed a can of pinto beans on Rick Tulloch, who came within that same four point margin of a money spot. 75 to Pete.
And this year's Roo Award goes to Team Dean & Marlene, who unleashed a half-empty can of sour Redi-Whip on the rest of us, and thus lock up the last 25 bucks I have to send out this week. They achieved the lowest point total of the season, without ever having missed doing picks.
So, to attend to business: the financials are here. The most important column is the rightmost one. If you see a number in parentheses there, that is ME owning YOU (and checks are going out this week). If you see a zero, we're straight. If there is a positive number there, i.e., a number not in parentheses, that's YOU owing ME your entry fee. I'm looking at two of you. I don't think I made any mistakes on this, but it can't hurt to check and advise me of any errors.
And that's about all there is. Be sure to check this space along about March Madness time, for those of you into college basketball, and assuming we do this football thing next year, I will be finding a way to exclude the Thursday night games. Take that, NFL Network scum.
To all of you, the happiest of new years in '09!
Alright boys, take us outta here.
Monday, December 29, 2008
That's a Buffalo Wrap.
Posted by
jw
at
11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment