Once upon a time I would send out a little note covering the scenarios as to who would win the weekly prize(s) before the pivotal games were actually played. Then I got (lazy/busy/sleepy/trapped under something heavy) and stopped doing this, with rare exceptions. But that's not really what this is about.
No, I found some time to write this afternoon because of the disgust that accompanied the emotionally-charged and victorious return of former Packer kicker Ryan Longwell to Lambeau Field, wearing the colors of the hated arch-rival Minnesota Vikings. And though the Pack eventually made a game of it, the coverage was too much to take. I really didn't want to throw up on my shoes, what with Longwell's will-he-or-won't-he come back for another season shtick and his desperate need for the spotlight. So I focused instead on less-disgusting things, like this place of business I recently rode my bike past.
Yeah, that's what's printed on their signs and everything. I mean, wow, how does a conversation with these guys begin?
"Hello, Cargill Meat Solutions."
"Hi, I have a problem with meat."
"Well, you've certainly called the right place. We offer all kinds of solutions related to meat. Our most effective is a formula consisting of one part window cleaner, one part vinegar, and two parts ground chuck."
"Great! Sounds like the solution I need."
Anyway, that got my mind off football, briefly.
Back to our two contenders. Though Dan Franklin, currently leading us all, chose the Saints tomorrow night, he wants them to lose, because if this happens, things stay as they are and Dan wins. If New Orleans beats Atlanta, he will be overtaken by Joel "Fred Glitch" Van Kylen. I'd offer a prediction that this is going to go Joel's way, but given my standing this year in the pool (treading water), I think I will not.
Have a great week everyone. May it end a lot better than it started.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
And the Vomit Award goes to...
Posted by
jw
at
7:59 PM
Labels: Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Ryan Longwell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment