Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Week Three Death March


"Son", Dad said, "there are going to be weeks like this. Nothing, and I mean nothing will go right. Your team will lose. Your other team will lose. You might personally even finish last in something. It might keep you up at night. Yelling won't help. Crying won't help. Denial won't help."

"Gee dad, sounds bad. What do I do?"

"Well son, I have just two words for you: horse tranquilizers."

"Gee dad, that's sounds swell. Hook me up?"

Quick congratulations to Mr. Stellick, a wandering soul who returned to us this year, on winning this week's jackpot. Fortune favors the bold, and I guess putting 14 on Arizona no matter who they're playing might be construed as such.

Meanwhile, there I am at the bottom after three weeks, treading water, with only my sis worse off than me.

But it's all gonna be fine, thank you very much.

No comments: