All the carnival barkers can talk about this week is the dissolution of the Kardashian/Humphries union after ten whole weeks. Traditional marriage at its finest. What the paparazzi are ignoring, of course, is my sister-in-law Diana, our resident rookie, who got her first taste of the victor's spoils by edging Mrs. Commish by a solitary point last weekend. My brother Jim and I are both exceedingly proud of, and very committed to, our lovely wives, and no, we were not told to say that.
Speaking of commitment, or better yet, being committed, Kelly is a little more competitive than most of you probably know. She gets a little chapped when she just misses out on a win. So as the Monday night game ended, I found I was to be the messenger and I therefore prepared to stare down both barrels.
12:00 a.m. two nights ago
She (mumbling, stirring from her slumber while I get ready for bed): Who won?
Me: The Chiefs.
She: Did I win? Did I win?!
Me: No, but you were right there in second.
She: [contemplative silence]
Me: Everything ok hon?
She: I lost! Aaaaaagh!
[I spent the next several minutes under attack by a blonde wielding a stuffed penguin]
Me: Hey! What the...?
She: I lost! Aaaaaagh!
Me: Yeah, but you did great. Maybe next w-
[I spent the next several minutes being repeatedly poked in the ribs]
She: I lost! Aaaaaagh!
Me: It's gonna be okay. If you just-
[I spent the next half hour listening to disparaging rants about Bill Belichick's soup-stained hoodie]
Me: Um, I think I'll keep quiet.
She: Smart guy. Night night.
Hey, for any and all who might be interested....little old birthday happy hour this Friday night after work at The Rumpus Room (cool name), an English style pub that replaced Eagan's in downtown Milwaukee. Cheers.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Diana > Kim
Posted by
jw
at
12:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment