Thursday, November 24, 2011

Nostalgia

It's almost Thanksgiving here in the football pool head office, and I'm feeling a little wistful for days gone by.  Days when we were young and uninjured enough to play football on T-day.

Days when I'd never heard of Turducken (until today, I truly thought Turducken was a John Madden invention.  Turns out it's not, and it further turns out that the creation of this product makes me about as queasy as the name itself).

Days when stores opened for Black Friday at the completely reasonable hour of, you know, 4:00 a.m.

Days when people wouldn't start camping in Best Buy's parking lot until, say, late tomorrow instead of, you know, right now.




Hats off to Tim Mitchell, winner of this thing last weekend.  113 is a nice count, and he needed every one of those points.  There are 25 of us in the pool and the top 22 were all within 13 points of our winner.  True story.  I am sure that's never happened before.

The obligatory reminder: please get those picks in!  Three games on Thursday (that's now today where I am). And of course.....have a great holiday.  Be safe.  Be cool.

No comments: