Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Anti-Climax

I admit this post would have been a lot more interesting if it had happened before the final game of the regular season last Sunday night, with the scenarios for the week and the overall wins laid out for you nice and tidy.  Good drama, good for ratings.  I did not do this.

The only drama left is if you happened to check the finances after I entered the results wrong and before I corrected them and you think you won and you did not.  Terribly sorry if that's the case.

So another season is in the can, friends. We've run out of regular season like the NBA has run out of reasons to have seasons.  Congratulations (2nd time) to Diana, Rookie Of The Year, for win #2.  As my brother put it, his wife has carried his sorry as$ all season long.  In return, Jim has agreed to watch ten (10) romantic comedies this winter without so much as a smirk.

And now to the recap.  The overall winner is Rich Dingle (250).  Rich toiled in anonymity most of the fall, not winning a single week along the way, and yet, here he is.  When questioned about achieving consistency of this level, Rich paused, fixed his gaze through narrowed eyes, and explained: "Dominus Ominous."  A disconcerting rumble followed, a dog barked in the distance, and the entire Chicago Bears coaching staff ran for the exits.  I'm still a little shaken.

In second was Jim Peters (125).  JT got skunked last year, and like Rich, got nothing during this season until the very end, when he had just enough air in the tires to stay ahead of Dan Franklin.

Our ersatz Roo this year is Mike McCravens.  Mike tanked beautifully starting around about week 8, oddly, right after winning the week prior. The Roo Award, as usual, is worth 25 plus a big ol wet *pfffftttt* from the rest of us.

As I mentioned above, the finances are worth your examination.  Click here to see what I'm talking about.  If there is a number in Column F wrapped in parens, that's good news as it means I owe you, and payment will be on its way shortly. Remember when I mentioned Dwolla a couple weeks ago?  That offer stands, and two of you have already taken advantage of it.  Is niiiiiice.

If there is a standard number in Column F (and it's probably 50.00), that is your unpaid entry fee.  I believe I'm currently short 200.00, or will be once the winnings go out.  So, uh, help a brother out, k?

And with that...happy offseason and happy new year to one and all.

No comments: