September 1st, 2012. Wild. When I first started the confidence pool back in a different century, I didn't think it would see 2012, or if it did, it would have morphed into the Outer Space Football League or something. But anyway. The Friends of Smoove B football pool is back.
After all this time, I doubt you need the rundown on how this works. You and this pool are basically an old married couple now, where the rules are understood and you're allowed to do your picks with the bathroom door open. But if you're new...well, 1) welcome, and 2) please read:
You buy into the league for $50 (0% inflation since the late 1990s). Every week you assign a confidence value to each NFL game being played, putting 16 on the game your most sure of and counting down from there to 1 (3 or 4 during bye weeks).
Payout for the weekly point winner is $50. You're also competing for high points overall. Season-long payouts will be announced and depend on the number of players. I usually pay out the top two spots, and have a $25 bronx cheer known as the Roo Award that goes to the person with the lowest season-long point total, assuming that person did picks every week. I keep no commissioner fees.
As for where to go with entry fees, my address is unchanged, but if you need it again, just send me an email or message on Facebook and I'll get it to you.
The season starts this coming Wednesday - September 5. Picks for a game are due an hour or two prior to its scheduled start. I will do my best to remind you, especially before the midweek games, but ultimately it's on you to hit the deadlines.
Nice tackle, by the way, at 1:03.
Saturday, September 1, 2012
One More Time Around
Posted by
jw
at
10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment