So, busy couple weeks. In all that business - busyness? - yeah, busyness - I didn't have a chance to shout out to my sister way out in Seattle for her win in week 9. And we also acknowledge Dean The Ninja, who stealthily emerged from the shadows, threw down a little football jiu-jitsu (16 on the Bengals. Yeah...), collected a second win this year, and quickly vanished into the ether again. He's like that. That was week 10.
The funny thing about all of this is that Nate Silver predicted both of these wins with 90% confidence three months ago.
Overall, standings at the top are tighter than Andy Reid's suspenders. With tonight's win by Buffalo (over Miami - I throw that in because Drunk Nate Silver says there's a 99.5% chance you could not care less about either team), six points separates Ben (1st place right now) from Jim P (5th).
One last thing, in case you were wondering. I'm no longer on the phone with BMO Harris. Never did get through. However, there has been a side benefit in that whole fiasco as the shrieking on-hold soundtrack they use has made Jon Gruden's color commentary on Monday Night Football sound at least 60% less annoying than it used to be. Well, 50%. Maybe 45.
![]() |
| Jon: "This guy...this guy...he's my favorite player in football. He's an impact player. I can't say enough about the job he's doing." Mike: "Wasn't he just signed from the practice squad yesterday?" |

No comments:
Post a Comment