Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Things Like This Don't Happen


As you're aware, for the second time this season, our good buddy Kirk has hit from downtown (cue the deep rumble from somewhere deep in the earth's crust).  That alone should not be enough to start thinking maybe the Mayans were on to something after all.  However, there are enough conspiracy theorists running around lately that this news, in conjunction with the fact that I am doing most of the cooking for Thanksgiving tomorrow for the first time in my life, might touch off speculation that something apocalyptic this way comes.  Bill Gullo keeps sending me emails about his premonition that Jay Cutler returns from injury to throw for 420 yards and five touchdowns.

Be calm everyone.  Things like this just don't happen.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  As I mentioned, I'm in the kitchen bright and early tomorrow working out the best balance of nutmeg, ginger, and hamburger seasoning for the pumpkin pie, so, you know, stop by for dessert if you're in the neighborhood.

No comments: