After I congratulate our last two winners, Laurie and Kelly (both first timers this year), I thought it might be a good time to see how things stack up for the stretch run. Impossibly, there are only three weeks left in the regular season. Time is flying as fast as an ice bridge is forming between Milwaukee and Muskegon. So I present to you...Power Rankings. The strength of our league's top competitors is herewith analogized based on an algorithm that I just totally made up.
| Power Equivalent Rating | Player |
| The overnight wind chill in SE Wisconsin | Diana |
| Flushed toilet on a commercial aircraft | Mike |
| The habaƱero sauce I accidentally dropped in the chili | Kelly |
| The aroma coming from the laundry hamper | Jim W |
| Your horrified reaction to nearly anything Jon Gruden says | Paul |
Despite her modest winnings year-to-date, Diana is clearly the class of the field. I can't remember a 43-point gap between first and second in the long history of this pool. After #1, it's hazy. Mike and Kelly are tied, but Mike has a clear edge in the cash column. Jim's holding down fourth and Paul edges yours truly on momentum, his performance improving noticeably over the last few weeks.
Meanwhile, down in Roo Award territory, we have Tim, with a Power Equivalent Rating roughly equal to Christian Ponder's job prospects. Rimshot!
Good luck to all this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment