The Friends of Smoove B football pool rides again, now in its 12th season of laughter, tears, and made-up stories about your friends and family members who participate. This season promises to feature all kinds of interesting theater, whether it's Al Davis removing his teeth on camera or Dallas Cowboy tailbacks running headlong into the scoreboard at their new stadium, you'll read all about it here. Like it or not.
If you've been with us in prior seasons, you don’t need to do anything other than check your account at CBS Sportsline and update whatever needs updating. If you're new, the short version is this: you buy into the league for $50. Your $50 entry is good for the season. Every week you assign a confidence value to each game being played, putting 16 on the game your most sure of and counting down from there to 1 (3 or 4 once the bye weeks start).
Weekly payouts of $50 for first and a to-be-determined amount for second will be the rule as usual; season-long payouts are determined by the number of participants, but usually, the top three spots pay out something. Yours truly keeps nothing (unless I win a week, but that never happens anyway).
As for where to go with entry fees, my address is unchanged, but if you need it again, just send me an email or message on Facebook and I'll get it to you. Or I might see you in person. In fact, I might be watching right n...nevermind.
The season starts Thursday September 10th at 7:30 pm central time. Picks are due two hours prior to the first game each week (and for several weekends this fall, I will likely be unavailable to accomodate those who miss the deadline).
"Chili, I can't wait to be your boss, I mean, play for you."Okay, that'll do.
No comments:
Post a Comment