Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Seismic Victory

I have to admit I haven't thought too much about football for a few days. Sarah Schneider, perhaps in some kind of cosmic alignment with the NFL team that makes its home in her town, erupted for 132 points and is the Week One champ.

You knew this, of course. Here's a picture of it happening:


I'm coming to you live from the volcanic island known as Maui, which should go a long way to explaining why the football pool finances have been about as far from my mind as the outcome of any random NBA game ever played. I know I have to make mention payouts this season, but I've been easily distracted. Here is a picture of some mangoes:


They're just unreal here. Crack addicts should be given this stuff when they're coming down.

Anyway, the numbers.

Total pool: 25 players @ 50 = 1250

Weekly prize: 50 x 17 weeks = 850

This leaves 400 to divide amongst the overall winners. I propose:
225 for first
125 for second
25 for third

The water here is just impossibly blue. I don't have a picture handy, sorry.

In addition to the above payouts, 25 will go to the person who gets picks in every week but finishes with the worst point total overall. We affectionately call this the Roo Award.

The financial page is here.

I'm sorry, that was a lie. Try this one.

For those of you who have sent in entry fees this past week, your payments will be reflected as soon as we pick up our coconuts, er, mail. Good luck to you in Week Two.

No comments: