Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dancing With The Devil

Trolling Wikipedia for good examples of the Faustian Bargain revealed a marked lack of references to pro sports and office pools and such.  Plenty of stuff in there about musicians like Paganini and Robert Johnson, but not one mention of, for example, Tony LaRussa.  And it's obvious he not only sold his soul a few weeks ago, but also those of his kids, the two generations that follow them, his BMW, and a player to be named later.


All of which is a long way of saying I won again and there is no earthly way to account for it.  The Prince of Darkness must have quite the sense of humor, granting me the thrill of football pool victory and the agony of a half-inning of Shaun Marcum's pitching this past weekend.  I probably should have read the fine print on this deal.


After six weeks, we have a 600 club comprised of ten players.  Pretty nice.  The average weekly score last year was 87.6 points among those who never missed doing picks.  That number is a rather noticeable 97.5 so far this season.  I believe this significant for two reasons.  One, it's going to take a little more juice to win it all this year.  Two, I have sh*tload of things I should probably be doing and I am obviously stalling.

Tune in next week when Bears fans celebrate another victory by whomping Jay Cutler upside the head with a bat.  Seriously, what the hell.

Have a good week.

No comments: