Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week 5 1/2

I kinda never got around to toasting Mr Van Kylen for the ass kicking he delivered last weekend.  Given all the tossups, I didn't think anyone would reach the century mark, but Joel did, and his cheese stands alone. 

So I'm in Door County, WI, and given that it's Thursday already, I figured I'd probably skip the update this week.  But then the rains came, and tourist options start getting pretty limited when that happens here.  We could walk around, but there's only one umbrella.  We could shop for jelly bellies and nautically-themed shirts, but I'm not feeling very whimsical.  We could have dinner really really early, but I'm not hungry and we don't have a 2001 Buick.  I could read up on the Brewers' postseason pitching strategy, but chewing on glass shards would be less painful.  That leaves catching up on the news, and writing.

Brandon Marshall plans to show more emotion in his next game (real headline in Yahoo Sports). How do you plan for something like that?

LeBron James might play football. Fine. Next.

Die Hard 5 comes out in 2013. Jeez. Next!

Here's something. It was revealed today that NBA Commissioner David Stern believes the traditional Christmas Day pro basketball games are now in jeopardy with the ongoing labor impasse.  So, you know, consider making other plans for that day. Can't imagine what.


"Happy Holidays!  Don't say I never gave you anything."

No comments: