Overheard:
rrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnngggggg
"Thank you for calling the NFL officiating call center. How may I provide you with excellent service today?"
"Did you SEE that block in the back!? How could you miss that?"
"I'm sorry sir, I will do my best to assist you with this problem. First, please provide your team name and current location."
"My what?"
"Please hold sir. I must first check to see if you've used all four of your timeouts this half."
Getting it right the first week, it is said, is like successfully nailing jello to the wall. This has not been a problem for Sarah Schneider, who has now won the opening jackpot in three of the last four seasons. The outcome is certain as I write this since no one put much on the game on right now, San Diego at Oakland.
Less certain is whether Sarah will agree to a celebratory date with new Raiders head coach Dennis Allen. Word on the street is that he's pretty persistent, and it has nothing to do with his finally being able to see R-rated movies.
Still sorting out the final player count for this year so more updates later in the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment