![]() |
| "Kirkaz! Great win success! We can now drive to Pearl Harbor. High five!" |
It's 2006. The Iraq war is going on four years old. Brett Favre hasn't retired, not even once. Borat is still a pretty big deal, and Smoove will not be attending your wedding.
This would also be the last time our good friend Uncle Kirk won any coin in this thing. You read that right. His last win was six years ago. I think I was still driving my Studebaker.
To be sure, he won big that year. One second-place during the season, and then he went on to win the whole thing, if my oddly complete records are, uh, complete. So congrats dude. It was a hard-fought victory over Laurie, going to the points tiebreaker, so well-deserved. If patience is a virtue, you've displayed enough virtue to be the Virgin Mary.
Reminder to get those Thursday picks in. I guess I don't need to say that too often anymore.
And in case you were wondering, my Wednesday night tradition of watching baseball while on hold with BMO Harris continues for the third straight week. I have yet to identify the wailing sounds that pass for BMO's on-hold "music." They must have been painful to record and I suspect may not be of this Earth.

No comments:
Post a Comment