Monday, December 24, 2012

Can I get a witness!

That's right.



With hours to spare.  In truth, I don't usually cut it this close.  Sometimes I'll finish as early as...you know, the 22nd.

Week 16 is in the can, and the shadowy figure known as Stellick, who hasn't gotten a mention in this column since September of 2010, ekes out a win against last year's defending champ, Rich.  It took a boffo 120 point performance and the tiebreaker to get it done.

So here we are on the bell lap and Jim P isn't showing any signs of slowing down.  There are a couple of us who might just have enough kick to run him down.  Ben is only six back, and Kelly (and her ferocious Hello Kitty avatar) are sixteen back.

As for the rest of us, it could be worse. We could be in charge of a team whose best quarterback is a wide receiver.  Or you could be me, having just lost your fantasy football championship game to an attorney friend  by four stinkin' points, and you now have to write a rap about how dope he is.  I'm glad we didn't build an actual performance into the wager.

Best wishes for a nice peaceful holiday week to all of you.  I think we could kinda use one.


No comments: