Monday, October 6, 2008

Crisis Management



*Tap*tap*tap*

Is anyone still out there? After the kind of weekend we had in Wisconsin sports, the only ones still out on the streets are investment bankers looking for the odd bailout million or two, if you can spare it, brother. The last three weeks I've cribbed the weekly update partly from the news headlines. I'm going to stop that. The first three times our 401Ks were sliced by 10% were funny, but now it's getting kind of serious.

As I write this, the Vikings have just won and we therefore have a tie for first - a three-way, no less (leave it alone Roo). So we go to the tiebreaker, and the point total of 57 tonight leaves us with one party out (sorry Laurie) but yet another tie. There is no second tiebreaker, so Team Marlene-Dean and my sister Amy will split the pot this week (congratulations to both).

Fittingly, today is Amy's birthday, and while I won't tell you how old she is, I will say she was once 37.

I am now a dead man. Does anyone want to take this over next week?

No comments: