Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 2

Before we recap the week, there is one game still going on. Cleveland just scored and now leads the Bengals 172-148 with 3:32 left to play.

Big ups go out to Joe and Nadine, who, like many of you, promptly sent me the entry fee for this pool. But they included some original artwork (left) with the check. Is niiiiice.

In the event you were wondering why Jerry's picks materialized on Monday out of thin air, it's because he was unable to get them in on time and instead posted them in a message on the Smoove CBS site. I didn't notice it until today, but they were in under the wire. Jerry's used up his mulligan for the year.

Angela Novotney takes first this week and wins what I suppose we should start calling the Freshman 50. Two years ago when Anna Muchow was a rookie, she also won week two and proceeded to torch many of us that year. Congratulations to Angela, who now no longer has the right to remain silent. Angela, I'll be looking for your bio whenever you're ready to post it or send it in. The truth is not required. If you cannot provide your bio, one will be provided for you.

Oh, before I forget, the Wackenhut security guy at Blockbuster strongly recommends Miss Congeniality starring Sandra Bullock. I realize this is unsolicited and appropos of nothing, but so was the recommendation so I figured I pass it along.

Speaking of show biz, the winner of second place this week needs no introduction or biography. Here he is, as seen in August, courtesy of "security tapes" from the New England Patriots "technology staff":

It's Bill Gullo, of course, my one-time co-worker at Miller who feels the power of the dark side. One of these days I'm going to sit down and tally just his winnings. If he doesn't already have some kind of total title, I'm sure he leads in earnings per game or something.

That's all I have for now. Have a good week.

No comments: