This weekend the NFL honored Hispanic Heritage Month, and I firmly want to believe that its intention was to simply reach out to and acknowledge its Latino fan base...because if the NFL knows anything above all else, entiende la comercialización. ¿Sabes?
Many of us watching the cutaways to Philly vs. Detroit during the Packer game were subjected to relentless criticism of the Philadelphia Eagles throwback (throwup?) uniforms.
I remain unclear as to what the problem was.
Besides, they sort of reminded me of my #77 Dave Roller PJ's, circa 1974.
Oh, they meant the players?
We're still waiting for Angela to introduce herself to everyone. For all I know that could be her on the left. Staff writers here are warming up their poison pens for next week.
Here's the awful truth for those who think the fix is in. My brother Jim has won, and sister Amy has taken second, Amy benefitting from being dead-on on tiebreaker points. And it gets worse. Jim is all alone through three weeks in the overall standings. I firmly reject any suggestion of impropriety, kickbacks, and preferential treatment. Also, Rex Grossman remains my quarterback.
I'm sorry for the late hour; normally these updates are supposed to go out before the Monday night game...but I was at the Brewer game and watched the Crew dominate the Cards. Probably too little too late. Any Packer fans want to help me recruit Josh McCown and Nathan Poole to maybe pull off another 11th hour miracle for a Wisconsin sports team?
What's that? You don't remember Josh McCown and Nathan Poole? Bet Dave Stellick remembers. Muahahahaha.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Semana Tres
Posted by
jw
at
12:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok...here is my bio:
Name: Angela
Title: Rookie
Age/Ht/Wt: Not a chance!
Favorite team: Packer's of course but also huge Badger fan (alumni)...usually found in Madison on Badger Saturday's trying to relive my college memories and drunkiness
Is that me in the picture?: I am short and blond but would not be caught dead in those colors!
Secret to my success for winning week two: I guess a lot! (wish I had a better answer but I am usually doing my picks at work and trying not to get caught)
Motto: "If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes"
Post a Comment